Time to get Funded
This morning I’m singing a tune “Wake me up with Indiegogo“. Wham, yep I just went there!
We just kicked off our first crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo (actually folks this is our first fundraising campaign ever!) and we are looking for your help to spread the word and get funded. Let me tell you why this campaign is important:
- We will divert tons (yes actual tons!) of material from the solid waste stream, sort it, store it, and put it in the hands of people to be used for creative purposes.
- We will promote creativity by providing students with workshops, low cost supplies and inspiration for creative endeavors.
- We will promote environmental awareness by educating students about implementing alternative approaches to creating and by diverting materials from the solid-waste stream.
- We will teach self-sufficiency skills and empowers students to do-it-themselves. We encourage students to reconnect with hands-on activities to better understand the worth of materials and gain confidence in their creative abilities.
- And we will provide community by empowering students to become engaged and resourceful by forming community connections though workshops, open studio times, events, and art shows.
We are asking for your help to raise funds for start up costs, six months of rent, and utilities to open DIY Studio. Without six months of rent and utilities DIY Studio won’t open its doors. Do not fear, we will not rest until we have a creative reuse center in Salem! If we don’t fund completely though Indiegogo we will dry our tears and keep offering Community Craft Nights, promoting and educating about DIY Studio in the community, and raising funds.
This is how you can help:
- Donate to this campaign and bring a creative reuse center to Salem!
- Spread the word and send out a link about this campaign to family and friends.
- Donate materials.
- Ask a local business to donate.
- Sign up to volunteer. We’ll soon need folks to distribute flyers, sort materials, and contact businesses and agencies about our services.
- Support our Community Craft Nights. Our next event will be the Holiday Reuse, Recycling, and Wrapping Event, December 18 from 6 to 8pm at Clockworks Cafe.
And we’ll be sure to keep you posted on all the updates of the campaign. Wish us luck and thanks for your continued support!