Typhoon!!! If you haven’t checked out Typhoon I highly recommend it. And DIY Studio is giving you a chance to win Two Art Supporter Tickets for the February 13th benefit concert. Enter the Typhoon ticket giveaway by:
1. Liking DIY Studio on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Studio/163863046972099
2. And extra entries (optional) by:
- Sharing the DIY Studio Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Studio/163863046972099
- Sharing the Free Art Friday Page: http://www.facebook.com/FreeArtFridaySalem
- Sharing the Typhoon Concert Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/327677174005433/
3. You must also leave a comment on the contest post. http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Studio/163863046972099
The lucky winner will be announced Friday, Feb. 8th.
Last Thanksgiving my husband and saw the indie rock band live at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland. We found ourselves at the front of the stage along side teens giddy with excitement and fan fawning. With a very full stage (11 people with a series of instruments) we were entranced with their music. Typhoon doesn’t play the typical rock beats with catchy song lyrics and instead tools their songs with mastery and thought. It’s more like fluid poetry with each instrument and note adding to the flood of emotions. It’s truly magical artistry and a pleasure to watch these performers in action. For more of their music check out Typhoon’s band page online.
Proceeds benefit McKinley Elementary school’s fine arts programs. I can’t think of a better way to support creativity in public schools and I’m so thankful this band is so very generous. I hope you join us to watch this concert and come support arts education. Rock on!