DIY Studio was recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization February 14, 2013 and we couldn’t have had a better Valentine’s present. The community is the lifeblood to our organization and we are asking for you to share the love by donating to this worthy cause.
Do it Yourself is not just part of our name, it’s our passion. DIY Studio is fueled 100% by volunteers. Since May of 2014 we’ve:
- clocked over 2650 volunteer hours
- diverted over 100,00lbs from the solid waste stream
- taught over 1,000 people how to make their own paper
- distributed over 250 free upcycled art pieces through the community
- created a Free Little Library
- hosted over 60 reuse events
- Our volunteers have rolled up their sleeves to paint a 3,000 sq foot space, build walls from pallets, move twice, and haul donations.
- We’ve even been known to roll six-foot wooden spools down the streets of Salem in a torrential downpour.
We are great because of our volunteers and their commitment to the arts, the community, and the environment. We make art accessible to the all and promote green art making practices.
We’ve done a lot with a little, however we would like to hire a part-time staff person to keep the studio open longer and to serve more people. We’d also like to secure a permanent location in the Salem Arts Building. In our 7 months of operation, we’ve moved two times which is exhausting for volunteers and confusing to supporters. Through fundraising we are hoping to stay put and in a location that will serve DIY Studio for years to come.
But we need your help to make this happen. We ask you to share the love and fund art at DIY Studio. This is a community project and it takes community support for it to flourish. Please donate your green so we can create more green art, green art education and support local green artists. As a 501 (c)(3) organization, donations are tax-deductible and because we are partners with Oregon Cultural Trust any matching donations to them receives a tax credit. Either way, we are here to put your hard-earned money to work in the community. And giving feels so good. So please, give a heart and give to art. Share the love today!